Worth Beers - Worth Drinking!
Worth Brewery is a small but growing independent brewery with a fine range of beers flooding with flavour. It is based on Worth Way in Keighley, West Yorkshire, UK. Telephone 01535 611914
- Alesman or Keighlian Bitter O.G. 1036 ABV 3.7%
- A clean, fruity beer with a pungent hop/citrus fruit character. Clean bitter aftertaste.
- Wild Boar O.G. 1040 ABV 4%
- A malty bitter brewed by arrangement with the Trough Brewery of Bradford which went into liquidation in 1993, having brewed Wild Boar since 1981. Not to be confused with a seasonal beer of the same name, created in 1994 by a major Midlands brewery which then tried to register the name!
- Worth Best Bitter O.G. 1045 ABV 4.5%
- A deliciously hoppy and aromatic premium bitter.
- Knobwillter O.G. 1049 ABV 5.2%
- A wheat beer sold mainly in summer. A dry, almost astringent beer with plenty of flavour and a citrus aftertaste. Normally sold clear but can be supplied cloudy for any licensee who wants it that way.
- Neary's Stout O.G. 1042 ABV 4.1%
- A well rounded and cask conditioned stout to appeal equally to Real Ale enthusiasts and to drinkers of keg stouts. A real three 3 dimensional stout!
- Worth Porter O.G. 1045 ABV 4.5%
- A full bodied porter made with a generous blend of crystal and chocolate malts and a little roasted unmalted barley. Sold mainly in winter.
- Old Toss O.G. 1065 6.5%
- A rich dark brew which, the brewers say, could be regarded as a strong stout. Voted beer of the Festival of the 1992 Keighley CAMRA Beer festival, for which it was first created. IMHO it is more like a barley wine but without the sweetness you tend to get in barley wines.
Santa's Toss O.G. 1080 ABV 8.1
- Harvest Festival O.G. 1045
- A buxom beer overflowing with flavour, and a wonderfully complicated aftertaste. Brewed in September and October. So much character its indecent!
- Ruggie's Russet Nectar O.G. 1070 ABV 7.6
- Created for the 1994 Keighley CAMRA Beer Festival and promptly won the Beer of the Festival award. Generously hopped and well fermented to get 7.6 ABV from a mere 1070 O.G. and therefore not overpoweringly sweet. A favourite of the brewer - he has even written a song about it!
A festive beer for the Christmas season! Wrestle with tastes other beers only hint at.
- Liquorish (sp!)
- Black treacle
- Overripe Strawberries
But dangerously drinkable (or drinkably dangerous).